StepWiseMath End User License Agreement
This Querium StepWiseMath (“StepWiseMath”) End User License Agreement (“Agreement”) is a binding agreement between you (“End User” or “you”) and Querium Corporation, a Delaware corporation (“Querium”). This Agreement governs your use of StepWiseMath (including all related services and documentation, the “Application”). The Application is licensed, not sold, to you.
BY SELECTING THE “I ACCEPT THE STEPWISEMATH USER AGREEMENT” OPTION DURING REGISTRATION AND USING THE APPLICATION, YOU (A) ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT; (B) REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE OF LEGAL AGE TO ENTER INTO A BINDING AGREEMENT; AND (C) ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE LEGALLY BOUND BY ITS TERMS.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, DO NOT SELECT THE “AGREE” OPTION OR USE THE APPLICATION.
IF YOU ARE LESS THAN 18 YEARS OF AGE, THEN YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN MUST READ AND ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT.
- License Grant. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Querium grants you a limited, non-exclusive, and non-transferable license to:
- access and use the Application through Querium websites for your personal, non-commercial purposes; and
- access, stream, download and use the content and services available through the Application or hosted on related Querium websites (“Content and Services”) made available in or otherwise accessible through the Application, strictly in accordance with this Agreement.
- License Restrictions. End User shall not:
- copy the Application or any part thereof, including any Content and Services, except as expressly permitted by this license;
- modify, translate, adapt, or otherwise create derivative works or improvements, whether or not patentable, of the Application;
- reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to the source code of the Application or any part thereof;
- remove, delete, alter or obscure any trademarks or any copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights notices from the Application, including any copy thereof;
- rent, lease, lend, sell, sublicense, assign, distribute, host, publish, transfer or otherwise make available the Application or any features, functionality, or Content and Services of the Application, to any third party for any reason; or
- remove, disable, circumvent or otherwise create or implement any workaround to any copy protection, rights management, or security features in or protecting the Application.
- Reservation of Rights. You acknowledge and agree that the Application is provided under license, and not sold, to you. You do not acquire any ownership interest in the Application under this Agreement, or any other rights thereto other than to use the Application in accordance with the license granted, and subject to all terms, conditions, and restrictions, under this Agreement. Querium and its licensors and service providers reserve and shall retain their entire right, title, and interest in and to the Application, including all copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights therein or relating thereto, except as expressly granted to you in this Agreement.
- Geographic Restrictions. The Application, Content, and Services are based in the state of Texas. You acknowledge that you may not be able to access all or some of the Content and Services outside of the United States and that access thereto may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Content and Services from outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- Third-Party Materials. The Application may display, include or make available third-party content (including data, information, applications, and other products services, and/or materials) or provide links to third-party websites or services, including through third-party advertising (“Third Party Materials”). You acknowledge and agree that Querium is not responsible for Third Party Materials, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality, or any other aspect thereof. Querium does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or entity for any Third Party Materials. Third-Party Materials and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to you and you access and use them entirely at your own risk and subject to such Third-Party terms and conditions.
- Refunds. Within fifteen (15) days of paying the applicable fee for this license of the Application, if you have completed at least five (5) problems and are not completely satisfied with the Application, you may obtain a full refund of the license fee by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the purchase details. Except as expressly provided above, the license fee is non-refundable for any reason.
- Term and Termination.
- The term of Agreement commences when you register to access the Application and indicate your consent when you select the command to accept the terms of this Agreement and will continue in effect until terminated by you or Querium as set forth in this Section 7.
- You may terminate this Agreement by written notice to Querium.
- Querium may terminate this Agreement at any time without notice if it ceases to support the Application, which Querium may do in its sole discretion, or by written notice to you using the email address or other contact information you have provided. In addition, this Agreement will terminate immediately and automatically without any notice if you violate any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Upon termination:
- all rights granted to you under this Agreement will also terminate; and
- you must cease all use of the Application and delete all copies of the Application.
- Termination will not limit any of Querium’s rights or remedies at law or in equity, and the provisions of Sections 3 through 14 will survive termination of the Agreement.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. THE APPLICATION IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” AND WITH ALL FAULTS AND DEFECTS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, QUERIUM, ON ITS OWN BEHALF AND ON BEHALF OF ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO THE APPLICATION, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OR TRADE PRACTICE. WITHOUT LIMITATION TO THE FOREGOING, QUERIUM PROVIDES NO WARRANTY OR UNDERTAKING, AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND THAT THE APPLICATION OR YOUR USE THEREOF WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, ACHIEVE ANY INTENDED TEST OR OTHER RESULTS, BE COMPATIBLE OR WORK WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE, APPLICATIONS, SYSTEMS OR SERVICES, OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, MEET ANY PERFORMANCE OR RELIABILITY STANDARDS OR BE ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS CAN OR WILL BE CORRECTED.
- Limitation of Liability. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL QUERIUM OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, HAVE ANY LIABILITY ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE APPLICATION OR THE CONTENT AND SERVICES FOR:
- PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOST PROFITS, COST OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, FAILURE TO ACHIEVE TEST RESULTS, OR ANY OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES; OR
- DIRECT DAMAGES IN AMOUNTS THAT IN THE AGGREGATE EXCEED THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU FOR THE APPLICATION.
THE PRECEDING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE OR QUERIUM WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is illegal or unenforceable under applicable law, the remainder of the provision will be amended to achieve as closely as possible the effect of the original term, and all other provisions of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect.
- Governing Law. This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule. Any suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or related to this Agreement or the Application shall be instituted exclusively in the federal or state courts located in Travis County, Texas. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to the venue in such courts.
- Limitation of Time to File Claims. ANY CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE APPLICATION MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES, OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
- Waiver. No failure to exercise and no delay in exercising, on the part of either party, any right or any power hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right or power hereunder preclude further exercise of that or any other right hereunder. In the event of a conflict between this Agreement and any applicable purchase or other terms, the terms of this Agreement shall govern.